Friday 3 June 2011

Day 13

Yesssssss!
Done it!
Met my daughter Charlotte and wife Pia for the final leg of the trip, I rolled into John O'Groats at around 4pm, after a hard day's ride of more then 90 miles. The scenery today has been the best of the trip, but the hills once I hit the coast road were brutish. And then, to cap it all, the road to
John O'Groats has closed eight miles from the end! An accident meant a diversion was in place - perfect!
Anyway, gripes aside, the last day was memorable - at least I hope it proves to be so. I tried to soak it all in and snapped away whenever the opportunity arose.
I can't begin to assemble my scattergun emotions into anything coherent right now, it's just too complicated. But I do promise to properly summarise when everything has calmed down a little.
In the meantime a massive thank you to everyone who has been on this journey with me.
That includes, my star man Nev, without whom it just would not have happened, my brilliant family who made me do it, and I mean that in a good way. All of my friends who have called, texted and tweeted along the way - at times you have no idea how valuable that has been.
So before this starts to sound like a gushing acceptance speech I will draw a halt, and conclude by saying...

That was for dad I know you were with me x

If you want me I'll be in the bar - surely no one can begrudge me a tinsy beer tonight?

Jez




The Buffoon has landed!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. And your Dad will be proud of you mate as are all your family & friends. What an achievement wow!

    What next? America coast to coast?

    Enjoy those drinks in the bar youth - you have earned them.

    See you soon, have sorted some music out for you as promised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say - glad the ode grid staid in one piece........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never in doubt. That’s brilliant Jez.

    ReplyDelete