Saturday 23 April 2011

A Setback

I did originally say this blog was to keep anyone interested up to date with my ride preparation.  Those familiar with my musings so far will quickly agree it’s done nothing of the sort. It’s become a showcase for the ramblings of a deranged person.

But today that must stop for a minute as I do impart some serious news, and it’s not good.

I have suffered more pain in the last couple of days than any of Scotland’s finest slopes will throw at me in a few weeks. Sadly my dad, who originally was to cycle with me, and then was to offer back-up support and general guidance, can now not make it at all.

His health has sadly deteriorated to the point where the excursion isn’t even a lingering possibility, and I know that hurts him as much as it does me.

My initial reaction in the sudden depths of despondency was - don’t want to do the ride now - but I quickly recovered from that little self-centred sulk, and re-focussed. Somehow it’s even more important now.

As for the practicalities of the journey, we are working on some options, but it will happen - definitely.

On a more positive note the training has gone well over the last seven days. I have ridden every day and clocked over 260 miles, including a 113 miler on Good Friday.

Apologies for this somewhat sombre missive, but all being well normal service, from the pen of the deranged person, will resume next time.


Jez

No comments:

Post a Comment