Thursday 26 May 2011

Day 5

I was 33 miles into today's ride when I got the message to call home.
Within three hours we were back. Dad died this morning.
Although I didn't get back in time to say goodbye I think we both knew we had already done that when I left on Saturday morning.
Before he went dad stressed that he wanted me to complete this ride. So, feeling decidedly shell-shocked, I am, at my lovely family's insistence, back on the ride - and will carry on. I am convinced that is what he wanted, and, as a close friend has just said "that was his only way to get on the ride with you."
So from here on on it's me and dad on this ride and that is a huge comfort to me right now.
Jez

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Runcorn Cheshire

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with the comment "that was his only way to get on the ride with you." He will be with you all the way mate, and with that extra help those many 'snorkers' on the route between you and John O Groats will be much easier.

    Keep on peddling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia and I were so very sorry to read your blog this morning. Your heartfelt words brought a lump to our throats. Your Dad was always such great company. We are sure you’re doing the right thing in carrying on with the ride in his memory. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete