Sunday 15 May 2011

FAQs

This will be my final blog post before the start of my End to End ride on Sunday 22 May. This is down to the fact that I’m running out of time to do all the things I need to before lift-off, and so Mr Blog has just been ushered into the ‘non-emergency ward’ of my own personal little Planning Asylum.

I thought it would be a neat way to wrap all the pre-ride stuff up by embarking on a quick question and answer session so I can address as many of the queries that are being fired at me, as possible, in one go.

So here are the FAQs

Why are you cycling uphill?

Because I would feel a fraud if I cast-off from John O’Groats and freewheeled all the way to Cornwall in two days.
Actually it’s to do with prevailing winds and other meteorological ‘stuff’ that won’t happen anyway.


Will You Be Camping Out?


Only if I decide to wear that rather fetching cerise top with white detailing. Otherwise I will be in manly black and doing bed and breakfast.


Will you be passing through Dudley?


If he steps out in front of me on one of the bigger descents, yes there is a chance.

Do you have any special dietary requirements?

Yes! Seeing as I am going to be burning calories like a pyromaniac in a paper mill I figure this is a brilliant opportunity to eat what the hell I like. So, I will be taking on board mainly pies, anything deep fried, and snacks with a nutritional value in the negative range. Beer by the bucketfull will also be obligatory.

What training have you been doing?

What training have YOU been doing? Nag nag nag! It does my head in. Just leave it, right?

Are you sure you need all those Mars Bars?

Perfectly sure - they are a vital source of glucose which everyone knows is a critical ingredient in any top athlete’s diet. Besides, I’m not going to reduce my stock now I have had a trailer specially made to transport them.

Will the ride be filmed at all?

At the time of writing discussions with ‘a number of leading production companies’ are ongoing, although, rather disturbingly, the fore-runners in the battle for the rights appear to be the operation behind ’20 Funniest Disasters’


Will I be able to see see you en route and buy you a beer?

Yes


Next blog posting - live from Land’s End


Jez

No comments:

Post a Comment