Saturday 21 May 2011

Ready for lift-off

I may have completed the hardest part of this journey already - pulling away from home and leaving my poorly dad for two weeks.
However, the decision whether to embark on this trip was not difficult - it was made for me. When I tentatively suggested to dad a couple of days ago that I maybe should not go, I was shot down in flames and left in no doubt as to the right course of action. So, that said I won't bang on about the emotional difficulties I am experiencing, just blog about the ride.
A very close friend, who knows better than most people what I'm going through, summed it up brilliantly in her 'Good Luck' card which included the line, which will be my mantra, - 'Don't think....just pedal.'
So, here I sit in my room at Sunnybank House B&B in Sennen, what have I learned so far...
* they are a bit shy with their B in their BLTs in Bristol
* Nev cannot operate a mobile phone with resorting to language not befitting a man of his years
* there are no flat bits at all on tomorrow's mammoth first leg
* If you want somewhere nice to eat near Land's End, don't go anywhere near Land's End
* In Cornwall they eat bangers and mash in a bowl.
So, that's probably about enough intellectualism for one night, I have drinks bottles to prepare, kit to sort out and sleep to sleep before my continental breakfast at 6.30am!
Jez




- Sennen Cove

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Sennen, Cornwall

1 comment:

  1. Goodluck for the off. The adventure starts now. I have 8 weeks until I am in your position again. I managed this ride in 2010 but promised to go with a friend this year if returned safe and well from a long army tour in Afgan'. What ever you do dont give up and make sure you cycle safe. Darren (@cycletouring30)

    ReplyDelete